Despite the effects of the downturn being felt in the UK, the country has remained an attractive proposition for high net worth families living abroad who are considering relocating.
Tier 1 (Investor) visa is tailored to non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals who want to invest in the UK.
The Immigration Rules on how the money must be invested are strict and also hard to navigate. Given that significant changes being introduced to the points- based system every year, we strongly recommend seeking specialist immigration advice to ensure that the application process is smooth and effortless. You do not need to be physically present in the UK to make sure you get the highest quality immigration services from us as we can be reached by all means of internet communications: our website, email, skype, viber etc.
What are the requirements for an issue of a Tier 1 (Investor) visa?
- You have to be of good character;
- You must score 75 points in attributes- you have to show that you have money of your own under your control held in a regulated financial institution and disposable in the UK amounting to not less than £2 million and you have opened an account with a UK regulated bank for the purposes of investing that amount in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies;
- You must be at least 18 years of age;
- Your investment must be wholly under your control and belong to you or your spouse/ unmarried partner.
For how long this visa is granted?
Tier 1 (Investor) leave to remain is granted for 3 years and 4 months maximum. You can extend it for a subsequent 2 years.
Can you switch to Tier 1 (Investor) visa in the UK?
Yes, you can if you meet all the requirements set out above and you are in the UK in one of the following categories:
- Tier 1 (General);
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur);
- Tier 1 (Post-study work);
- any Tier 2 category;
- any Tier 4 category;
- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme;
- Student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009);
- Student re-sitting an examination;
- Student nurse;
- Students writing up a thesis;
- Work permit holder;
- Writer, Composer or Artist;
If you are not one of the above, you will have to leave the UK and apply for Tier 1 (Investor) visa from abroad.
Can you apply for your family members to join you in the UK?
Yes, your family members (spouse/ unmarried partner and children) can apply to join you in the UK on a Tier 1 (Investor) dependent visa.
They will be given leave for the same duration as yours.
When can you apply for indefinite leave to remain?
You can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK after 5 years if you invested £2,000,000. You can settle after 3 years if you invested £5,000,000. You will be granted indefinite leave to remain subject to meeting all the requirements after 2 years if you invested £10,000,000.
It is important for you to be able to demonstrate that you have not been outside the UK for more than 180 days in any of 12 months within these 5,3 or 3 years.